Limited vinyl LP repressing in gatefold jacket. Thriller is the sixth solo studio album by Michael Jackson. It was released by Epic Records on November 30, 1982, as the follow-up to Jackson's critically and commercially successful 1979 album Off The Wall. Thriller explores similar genres to those of Off The Wall, including pop, post-disco, rock and funk. Recording sessions took place on April to November 1982 at Westlake Recording Studios in Los Angeles with a production budget of $750, 000, assisted by producer Quincy Jones. Seven singles were released from the album, all of which reached the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. In just over a year, Thriller became-and currently remains-the best-selling album of all time, with estimated sales of 65 million copies worldwide. It has become the first album ever to be certified 32 times multi-platinum for U.S. sales, marking more than 32 million sales shipped. The album won a record-breaking eight Grammy Awards in 1984, including for Album of the Year.
- Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' Jackson, Michael 6:03
- Baby Be Mine Jackson, Michael 4:20
- The Girl Is Mine Jackson, Michael with Paul McCartney 3:42
- Thriller Jackson, Michael 5:58
- Beat It (Single Version) Jackson, Michael 4:18
- Billie Jean (Single Version) Jackson, Michael 4:53
- Human Nature Jackson, Michael 4:05
- P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) Jackson, Michael 3:59
- The Lady in My Life Jackson, Michael 4:57
Write Your Own Review
Brand new, factory-sealed item. Vinyl LPs are shipped in a sturdy cardboard mailer and delivered via US Postal Service. Most U.S. orders arrive in 5 to 7 business days. (International customers shipped via DHL Express; delivery times vary by location). DISCLAIMER: Product images used to announce and/or advertise a vinyl release are visual approximations of actual manufactured products. Variations in vinyl color(s) may occur during the manufacturing process. All manufactured products’ vinyl coloring and album artwork are subject to change without notification.